CA or Chartered Accountancy is one of the most reputed designations across world. It takes immense of hard work and focus to be a qualified CA. Here you will definitely get good knowledge about “How to Become Chartered Accountant”.
Chartered Accountant (CA) Course Details
The Chartered Accountancy Course and Profession in India is regulated by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), New Delhi.
Step by step procedure to Become Chartered Accountant:
C. A. Course comprises of 4 Important Levels
- Common Proficiency Test (CPT)
- Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC)/IPCE
- Three years Articleship/ Training under a Practicing C.A
- C. A. Final
The requirements for becoming chartered accountant are as follows:
Register for CPT
Register with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) for Common Proficiency Test (CPT) after passing class 10th examination.
Appear and Pass CPT:
Appear for CPT examination after appearing in 10+2 examination and after completion of period of at least 60 days from the date of registration for CPT with the Board of Studies as on the first day of the month in which examination is to be held, viz., students registered on or before 1st April/1st October will be eligible to appear in June/December examination, as the case may be.
Register for Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC). Candidate should pass both CPT and 10+2 before registering for Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC). Registration for IPCC should be done 9 months before the first day of the month in which exam is held. IPCC has total 7 papers (Group 1+Group 2). Group I is composed of four papers and Group 2 is composed of three papers. Passing Group I is necessary for commencing Articleship.
ITT and Orientation
Successfully complete 100 hours Information Technology Training (ITT). Orientation and ITT are to be completed before registering for Articleship.Successfully complete Orientation Course of one week spanning 35 hours and covering topics, such as, personality development, communication skills, office procedure, business environment, general commercial knowledge, etc.
- 1. You can complete ITT and Orientation at any time before registering for Articleship.
- 2. Appear and Pass IPCC Group I Exam:You can appear and pass Group I or Both Groups of Integrated Professional Competence Examination (IPCE).
- 3. Appear and Pass IPCC Group II Exam: You can attempt Group 2 in next attempt (After Group 1 attempt) or during Articleship.
- a. Note: You can register for Articleship after passing only Group 1 also.
- Register for Articleship: You need to register as Articled Assistant for a period of 3 years with Practicing Chartered Accountant, on passing either Group I or both the Groups of IPCE.
- Register for C.A Final Course: Hence, register for C.A Final Course on passing both groups of IPCC.
- Appear and Pass CA Final Exam: Appear in CA Final Examination during last 6 months of 3 years of articled training. Pass Group I as well as Group II of CA Final Examination.
- Complete Articleship: Complete 3 years period of articled training.
- GMCS: Successfully complete the Course on General Management and Communication Skills (15 days).
- Membership: Enroll as a member of ICAI and designate as a Charted Accountant.