Railway Recruitment Board (RRB), Madras (now Chennai) functions under the Ministry of Railways, Government of India. It is primarily responsible for recruiting the working and supervisory staff (Group ‘C’) required for Chennai, Salem and Tiruchirappalli Divisions and Head Quarters office of Southern Railway (SR) and Integral Coach Factory (ICF), Chennai.
There are two types of exam are being conducted for Technical and Non Technical Cadres.
Non Technical posts include Assistant Station Master (ASM), Traffic Apprentice, Enquiry Cum Reservation Clerk, Commercial Apprentice, Junior Accounts Cum Typist, Goods Guard, Traffic Assistant, and Senior Clerk cum typist.
Technical Posts include senior section Engineer (SSE), Junior Engineer (JE), Assistant loco pilot (ALP). Exams will also be conducted for Group D posts.
|Railway Recruitment 2018 Notification||3rd February 2018|
|Start of Railway Recruitment 2018 Online Application||3rd February 2018|
|Railway Recruitment 2018 Application Form Closes||31st March 2018|
|Railway Recruitment 2018 First Stage CBT||April-May 2018|
|Railwaya Recruitment 2018 Second Stage CBT||To be notified soon|
The eligibility criteria of Railway Recruitment 2018 exam is mainly about two per-requisites:
Railway Recruitment Board has changed the Eligibility Criteria for Railway Recruitment 2018. The Upper Age limit has now been changed from 28 years to 30 years for the post of ALP and from 30 years to 33 years for the post of Level 1 Posts (Unreserved Category).
- Candidates must hold Degree, Diploma and HSC (10+2) having eligibility for the posts of ALP and their engineering discipline(Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering ,Automobile Engineering with the combination of various streams in the respective Engineering Traits): post of Assistant Loco Pilot
- Candidates who have passed out with Physics and Math’s in 12th Standard are eligible for Technician Grade III Signal and Technician Grade III Telecommunication posts namely Post 70 and Post 71 respectively.
- A candidate is required to be: A citizen of India, A subject of Nepal, A subject of Bhutan, A Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of settling permanently in India or a person of Indian origin who migrated to India from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, Vietnam and have the intention of settling permanently in India.
|Community||Notified Age Limit||Revised Age Limit|
|UR||28 years||30 years|
|OBC||31 years||33 years|
|SC||33 years||35 years|
|ST||33 years||35 years|
The selection process consists of:
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Tests (PET)
- Document Verification
Computer Based Test (CBT)
|Sl. No.||Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Total Time|
|2||General Intelligence and Reasoning|
Negative Marking: There will be negative marking for every wrong answer in the CBT. The penalty of 1/3rd of the marks is allotted for each wrong answer given by the candidate.
Physical Efficiency Tests (PET)
Candidates who will qualify CBT will be called for PET. The merit list will be two times the community wise total vacancy of the posts released in RRBs. It is mandatory to pass PET as it is a qualifying test for the posts advertised by RRBs.
The candidates who will qualify CBT and PET will be called for Document verification and empanel for the posts notified.